We currently have two job vacancies at the Bulungula Incubator!
Please see the listings below for more details.
JOB ADVERTISEMENT: Maths Educator
Opportunity closing date: Wednesday, 13 November 2019
Opportunity Type: Employment
The Bulungula Incubator seeks to appoint a Maths Educator based in Xhora Mouth Administrative Area, Elliotdale in the Eastern Cape. This position represents an exciting opportunity to shape new approaches (which includes e-learning; teaching at the right level; and catch-up models) to improve maths outcomes particularly in the senior phase (Grades 8 and 9).
- Have a strong maths background and strong ability and love for maths
- Have an affinity and/or training and/or experience working with students in Grades 8 and 9 and a willingness to work with students in Grades 6 and 7 too
- Have great people skills and the ability to work with a broad range of people, particularly our facilitator team (post-school youth) and teachers
- Have excellent computer skills (experience in e-learning would be preferable)
- Willingness to work in school holidays, on Saturdays and provide after-school support
- Fluency in English
- Candidates who are also fluent in isiXhosa will be preferred
- Have a driver’s license
- Have a bachelor’s degree with mathematics as a subject as well as a relevant education qualification (Bed or PGCE)
- Willingness to live in a remote rural area
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All queries to be directed via email, no phone call queries will be responded to.
Deadline for applications: 13 November 2019.
JOB ADVERTISEMENT: Community Nurse
Opportunity closing date: Friday, 15 November 2019
Opportunity Type: Employment
The Bulungula Incubator Health Programme is looking for suitably qualified and dynamic individuals to be part of the Health team in Xhora Mouth Administrative Area, Elliotdale in the Eastern Cape.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Wellness Wagon (Preschool and Primary Schools Mobile Clinic Services), 2 days in Coffee Bay
- The Wellness Wagon services include immunization, deworming, vitamin supplements and general clinic services
- Visit relevant schools and see the learners according to the agreement of the school, issue referrals when necessary, and follow-up
- Assist in the outreach projects on Wednesday and conduct additional outreach as needed
- Prepare reports and statistics of outreach activities
- Conduct health services at Nqileni Health Point
- See all patients to administer medication and do referrals when necessary
- Mentoring and support for Home Based Carers (HBCs) –
- Identify training needs for HBCs and all Health Programme staff and training thereof by you or service provider
- In conjunction with the Health Programme Manager, hold meetings with the HBCs
- Home visits in all four villages we operate,namely Nqileni, Tshezi, Folokhwe, and Mgojweni. –
- Identify concerning health issues and prepare educational community campaigns in response
- Distribute prenatal vitamins to pregnant women
- Network with relevant people and organizations to add value to our programme (e.g. other NGOs and government departments)
- In conjunction with the Health Programme Manager and/or any relevant person from BI, attend health meetings with different stakeholders
- A passion for rural development work
- A Diploma in Nursing including General Nurse, Psychiatry, Community nursing and Midwifery
- Registration with SANC
- Strong desire to improve rural health
- Proven ability to relate to children and to inspire and motivate them
- Knowledge and understanding of the South African Health Policies
- Ability to communicate in isiXhosa
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to succeed in challenging environments and problem-solving
- Willingness to live in a remote rural village as a community member
- Willingness to mentor and train others
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and level of experience.
To apply, please send your detailed CV with two contactable referees, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, copy of ID plus a letter of motivation to: email@example.com
For enquiries about this post, please call Bongezwa on 047 577 8908/12.
Deadline for applications: 15 November 2019.